@ signs, #hashtags, and my overly dramatized life.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

a spotless mind

Would you erase it? If you could?

the pain
the notes of the song in his soul that still ring out in your ears
the bruises
the pieces of buck-lists scribbled on parchment paper
the tears
the rays of light through town house windows

If all it took was pressing a black ink pen to a crisp sheet of paper, would you sign away everything you had once had together and everything you lost once already?

Half of me says I would/Half of me knows I wouldn't
half of me wishes I could/half of me thinks I couldn't
half of me dreams of the day when I won't have to remember/half of me tries to remember everyday
 
 
All of me longs to know what you would do
 
and none of me wants to hear your answer
 
 
 
 
I'm sure you'd raise your eye brows and contemplate it.
Weigh the pros and cons.
Maybe you'd think some of the same things I tough.
 
"I'd never have to miss you."
"I could love someone else, and it wouldn't feel incomplete."
"I'd never have to miss you."
"I could laugh without thinking of your laugh.
"I'd never have to miss you."
 
                I'm thankful I can think about what you'd do if you had the option of erasing me from your memory completely. And oddly enough I'm thankful I can't erase you. If  I have to deal with the empty, aching, loneliness when I hear that certain song, then I'll deal with it. I can't tell you that I enjoy remembering it all, and I think we both know there are things I'd bleed to forget. But, none the less, we had something. We had that first thick layer of pure white snow that starts off every winter, and I'd never give up watching it fall to forget watching it melt. There is beauty in the breaking.
 
Life's about finding happiness, and we pursue it to the edges             
                                                                                                                  of the earth.
 
 But happiness wouldn't be worth the journey without sadness.
Without sadness, happiness would be nothing.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment