@ signs, #hashtags, and my overly dramatized life.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Her name is Alice


 

I want to be loved the way I love.
I've never been able to figure out loving myself, and I'm beginning to think that's why no one else can love me.

I've never been what I wish I was and the let down breaks me every time.

Maybe if I wasn't so tall
Maybe if my cup was a little fuller
Maybe if I had better posture
Maybe if my nose didn't so obviously reflect my culture
Maybe if I didn't dance out my emotions
Maybe if I wasn't as much to hold on to
Maybe if my skin was white like snow
Maybe if I could let my words go
Maybe if my eyes were green, or blue, or interesting
Maybe if my past wasn't so dark
Maybe if I put my books on a shelf and picked up a makeup brush
Maybe if I cared less
Maybe if my life was easy and my mind was free
Maybe if I could laugh like the summer breeze and sing like the birds

Maybe I would be loved.
Loved like I love.
Maybe I could be loved.
Loved the way I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment