@ signs, #hashtags, and my overly dramatized life.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Teach me to let go, my arms are tired but yours could be my home.


I hide it. Its my secret, and my burden.
Its the cement on my feet and the chains around my wings.

I don't know when it happened, and I can't quite tell you why. It happened, that's all I know.
People say time heals everything but I think time just tricks your mind into losing the details. It turns off the lights and spins you around until up isn't up and right is definitely left. I can't ever remember, but I never forget and that's the hardest part. My life is this off tilt scavenger hunt for a perfect place between holding onto hope and letting go of sorrow; of letting the pain fall and holding my head high with grace and smile.



I may not be broken, but sometimes not breaking is the painful part



No one warns you that even highs feel low sometimes. There is no guide to coping with emotional tidal waves. And I've yet to see Over Coming The Empty Feeling In Your Heart For Dummies on the shelf at Barnes and Nobel. To be fair no one could have anticipated the series of fortunate and unfortunate events that would Tetris their way together to make my life. I put the pieces where I though they would fit. some days I look at my handy work and hate myself, some days I see a work of art. I wonder if that's how God feels when he looks at me. I wonder if that's the same sort of thing you think when you read my writing. I wonder if you read my blog.

Part of my hopes you do, and he does, and they all will someday. Part of me prays no one does.
All of me wishes I wasn't so torn all the time.
I feel like two parts that aren't one but make no sense without the other
Yin and Yang are two asshole because they really had me going with the two halves of a whole, balance, black and white bullshit.

I think if my soul could find peace in this body of mine I'd be a whole person.

I think if I could dust the sad off my happy I'd find a little more peace.

I could be happy. And I could be beautiful. And I could be the reason your heartbeats and the corners of your mouth reach for heaven.

Hold me until I know who I am







1 comment: