@ signs, #hashtags, and my overly dramatized life.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Words are worthless, try not to worry.

Freedom.

I used to stumble into freedom, almost anywhere I went. But that was when my hands were clean.

Dreams.

I used to have dreams. I used to be inspired and blindly hopeful. I used to think I'd grow up and be beautiful, that I'd grow up and find love. I used to think that my life would unfold before me like an enchanted board game, and all the shiny pieces would fall into place. But that ended when the sound of my alarm clock became more familiar than the sound of my own laughter.

Feel.

I used to get lost in words. But their meanings all changed, and it hurt my feelings.
So I don't feel anymore.
I used to have friends at school, but my style changed. I started carrying a notebook. I talked to it instead of them and I guess it hurt their feelings.

Lost.

I've lost my feelings. I think they are in my room, under last weeks receipts and my psychology assignment. I'd look for them but I'm sick of playing hide and seek everyday.
 


All these notes and all these words,
are all thats left in me.
Bend these pages, count my woes,
one last song to set me free.


I feel like no one sees me.
I'm a ghost.
I sing and scream, and yet there's silence.

If I'm just a star in the sky, why don't I sparkle? If words are worthless, what does that mean for me?

1 comment: