@ signs, #hashtags, and my overly dramatized life.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Paris is always a good idea.

I went to Paris once.

He handed me a travel guide and advised me not to eat the carrots.

Most people would question what a Teacher knows about Paris. A Teacher.
But that's the thing, he's a teacher.
Not a tour guide.
He's a rapper and Poet, and an Artist in his own right.
But get this straight, he is no tour guide.

And I'm not just a student anymore.
In Paris I'm more than a student number and a dress code violation.
Because in Paris, I'm a writer.
There are places in where I can trade in my sorrow for satisfaction.
Because in Paris the people think a little differently.
And listen, and care. Maybe not all the time, and certainly not everyone.
But there is some hope there.
Because in Paris the worthless are the street lights and the hopeful hearts dance in the rain.

You can tell me it was in the water, and you can tell me that's there's no money in writing, and you can tell me that pictures of chairs won't be practical.

But I can tell you that I don't care. And that if I got accepted to Art school I'd go. Because real love is dropping beats and chandeliers. And I can tell all the people in the world that I learned more about life in 5 months of Creative writing then I ever have in 11 and 1/2 years of school. But to Principals, and PTA moms that won't matter. That won't understand.

I don't expect them to. Tourism is a terrible plague, and I thank the stars we escaped the suffering. Paris housed us well, even if we weren't the most gracious house guests.

And I guess I saw this coming all along, Visas expire. Real life can only be avoided so long. But Paris won't ever be gone.

I'll find it in my own places. Coffee shops, and real airports. Novels about teenage angst, and late night tweets. At art school, and on the lips of with Beenies and poems of their own. In break up songs and broken mirrors.

I found something in Paris, that i just cant explain. Someone left it there for me, miserable and magical in every way. so I'll pack my journal in my suitcase and smuggle it home.

But heed my warning and break the rules.

Paris is waiting, where are you?

2 comments:

  1. I love this post soo much.

    Brilliant.

    "In Paris I'm more than a student number and a dress code violation."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stealing a bunch of lines for a post of my own...and I'm having trouble picking JUST ONE from this post.

    ReplyDelete