@ signs, #hashtags, and my overly dramatized life.

Monday, December 3, 2012

I hope you smile, sunshine, just not for me.

You asked me for a secret, and I had always hated disappointing you.
 So my words came flying before my hands could catch them.

"I still Love you."
 
Your eyes smiled and you let out that same laugh,
 that used to rob my nights of sleep.
 
"Nice try, I want a real secret."
 
 A cloud of warm air escaped from your mouth, and I
couldn't bring myself to do anything but stand there and watch you.
 
 
 
You looked liked a darker, colder version of the boy who's shoulders I used to kiss in those soft moments. I forced myself to smile, and I looked at you. I looked at you and  you were looking at me
 like you used to
and then it was gone.
 
Tell me sunshine, how do you sleep at night?
Is it easier to look in the mirror?
Tell me have you found your dreams?
Do they keep you warm?
Tell me sunshine, because I just don't seem to understand.
 
Because I may wander, but I'm not lost anymore.
 
 You left your smoke and mirrors with me when you moved.
 
And I hate to break it to you, sunshine, but I'm not the broken doll you left behind. I cut myself out of those strings you tangled. And I may not walk so steady, but I don't need your hand in my life anymore.
 
Your act has long since ended, and no ones applauding.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment