@ signs, #hashtags, and my overly dramatized life.

Friday, September 21, 2012

#boys

All boys really want, is girls.

"Girls - to do the dishes
Girls - to clean up my room
Girls - to do the laundry
Girls - and in the bathroom
Girls, that's all I really want is girls
Two at a time I want girls
With new wave hairdos I want girls"
 
Even without the Beastie boys confirming it, everyone knows. Its common knowledge. The unspoken law.
 
Boys want Girls.
But not this girl.
This girl, is a beast.

 
Boys want pretty girls; with long, blonde, shiny hair. And perfectly straight teeth. Girls who shop size 0, and xxs. Not girls who buy mens clothing, and have hips. Hips don't lie, but this girl does.
Mostly to herself. 
"135 pounds, is fat." "If you had green eyes, maybe you'd be prettier." "It doesn't really matter if they notice you, they are just boys." "They want you, secretly.."

The truth is, they don't. They want California girls. They want girls who swear on twitter. They want shallow girls. They they want girls who don't actually care. They want stupid girls who will never understand them like she does.
Well they can #hashtag themselves straight to hell. Because she, is not that girl. And she will never be.

Beautiful-girl-hipster-indie-favim.com-419432_large
Because this girl, eats if she is hungry.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhq2rtcypKj0GWqLo76XYDlvUILcjD2nLjRg9vzHncQLKwjHPP7L9WhXnUuN-cE1JMCCriABa9_dQotkflZSfBncMYqfgGlRqHesxnquxIRZTk5jQ8OO2ITR8vr-sMT5zD5Xb-b7Zhnaolu/s1600/diary.jpg
Because this girl wishes things sounded as good on her blog as they do in her head, or in her journal.





Because this girl reads books, and this girl is smart. Because this girl has more notebooks than friends. Because this girl writes, and writes, and writes. Because this girl is real, and doesn't fake popularity well. Because this girls emotions storm up inside and grow until her thoughts flash like lightning. And her tears fall like rain.

Boys don't want this girl.

 Because this girl is me. And I'll be damned if she ever turns into what they want.


#boys

7 comments:

  1. I really like this. I look forward to reading your posts everytime I get on here.

    "Because this girl eats if she's hungry" That's the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. Why haven't I been checking this blog more often? I'm loving it. (Sorry for the McDonald's plug.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving everything you've written and absolutely love this post. I can relate to you in every way.

    "Because this girl is me. And I'll be damned if she ever turns into what they want."

    Let's be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Skeeter. I totally get what you're saying. Keep writing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is how I feel. This right here. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. William Lee Barefield IIIOctober 1, 2012 at 8:50 AM

    As a man I feel attacked.... I don't think everything you said about what boys want in a girl is completely true. Still a very good post though.

    ReplyDelete