@ signs, #hashtags, and my overly dramatized life.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

We don't stay together; because we put love first.

Bloody hands are hard to hold.

I felt him leave before he even let go. And I'll never admit it, but my heart sighed in relief. Pain had become a pill I took everyday, and I denied my addiction. But the reflection in the mirror was the hardest to swallow. My face held so many secrets. But I couldn't hide behind mine like he hid behind his.

I was nothing.
Bread crumbs.
A ceiling fan light bulb.
Toothpaste.

I was nothing, and to him breaking me was a flawless plan.




In that flawless backwards way it was him that fixed me. He plunged his strong hands in my chest and ran off with my heart. And that heaving bloody mess he left behind, has found herself. In words and willow trees. With screaming fury and a lifeless hope. On mountain tops and infinite flights of stairs. She is me&she is free.

2 comments:

  1. He plunged his strong hands in my chest and ran off with my heart

    breaking me was a flawless plan

    Again, love these lines. Your a great writer, I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freaking genius. The whole thing.

    ReplyDelete